Sofia SARS Antigen FIA test kit (COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing)
*Please note that this product can only be distributed to Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands.*
The Sofia SARS Antigen FIA is a lateral flow immunofluorescent sandwich assay that is used with the Sofia and Sofia 2 instrument intended for the qualitative detection of the nucleocapsid protein antigen from SARS-CoV-2 in nasal (NS) swab specimens directly from individuals who are suspected of COVID- 19 by their healthcare provider within the first five days of the onset of symptoms.
- Accurate, objective and automated results in 15 minutes
- Nasal specimens
- Accurate detection with direct samples
- Results in 15 minutes
- Kit includes 25 sterile nasal swabs and a set of positive and negative control swabs
- Room temperature storage
The Sofia SARS Antigen FIA does not differentiate between SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2.
The test kits are not sold for home use or self-testing.
- the COVID-19 rapid antigen test must only be used by relevant practitioners, or persons under their supervision, who are trained in the correct use of the goods and the interpretation of the test results
- negative test results do not exclude infection with COVID-19 (so face masks, social distancing and good hygiene practice must be maintained)